I'm a lady who wears many hats. I am first myself...constantly growing, learning, and exploring life. I am also a wife, mommy, daughter, sister, teacher, cook, homemaker, and friend. I love every moment of it and my blog is a way for me to document my life and enjoy each memory. <3

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Delicious Bakery and Papaw visit!

My Papaw is in a nursing home and though we don't go visit as often as I'd like, I love love love going to see him...especially watching him and Riley.  They are very sweet.  My Papaw has Alzheimer's and it absolutely terrifies me...part of the reason we don't go as much as I'd like to.  It is such a scary, awful thing.  It happened over night and it continues to worsen, but he does know our entire family and our names.  He tends to forget where he is and what year it is.  He asks almost every day "Where is Ellen?"  My Mamaw passed years ago from cancer and he has to realize that every day.  It is heartbreaking.

Papaw is a lovely person.  He is always a joy to be around, whether he knows where he is or not.  He is always pleasant, always kind, and LOVES his family more than anything.  <3




2 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry to hear that Papaw has Alzheimer's. I didn't know that. He is a lovely person. The pictures of Ry & Papaw are very sweet. And those cupcakes looks AMAZING.

    ReplyDelete
  2. <3 He has had Alzheimer's for a while, but it isn't going terribly fast! The cupcakes were amazing! xoxo

    ReplyDelete