I'm a lady who wears many hats. I am first myself...constantly growing, learning, and exploring life. I am also a wife, mommy, daughter, sister, teacher, cook, homemaker, and friend. I love every moment of it and my blog is a way for me to document my life and enjoy each memory. <3

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Bunnies, Bok choy, and BBQ!

Today we had an incredible downpour.  We are in desperate need of the rain and I'm nothing but grateful...since I'm supposed to be.  I went to the back door at work and looked out to watch the rain fall and spotted three tiny blobs barely moving in the grass.  I also saw crows surrounding the near sky.  I grabbed a bucket and an animal lover at work and we were able to rescue two of them from the awful birds.  The third...hopefully escaped.  We called our local veterinarian, Lawndale Veterinary Hospital, who kindly came to get the babies (who we later found out are only about two weeks old!) and are working on returning them to 100% happy little bunnies :)




On a dinner note: :)  We tend to have "interesting" collaborations of dinner toward the mid-end of the week when we're running out of groceries, but can't shop until Friday.   So tonight consisted of some local BBQ, Farmer's market corn on the cob, and Farmer's market Bok Choy (sauteed in sesame oil, garlic, and soy - delish!).
Bok Choy sizzling :)

The farm we bought the BBQ (and many other pork products) from!

Eastern style BBQ sauce, and Frank's red hot :)

1 comment:

  1. Those poor little bunnies! I am glad you were able to save at least two of them.

    ReplyDelete