I'm a lady who wears many hats. I am first myself...constantly growing, learning, and exploring life. I am also a wife, mommy, daughter, sister, teacher, cook, homemaker, and friend. I love every moment of it and my blog is a way for me to document my life and enjoy each memory. <3

Thursday, September 1, 2011

Quinoa and red bean salad!

I have the crazy love for quinoa.  I simply can't get enough of it!  I discovered this recipe and decided to give it a try tonight.  Success!!! :)

You need:
  • 20 ounce can of kidney beans, drained and washed of course!
  • 2 cups cooked and cooled quinoa
  • 1 red onion, finely chopped
  • 2 bunches basil, stems discarded and leaves chopped
  • juice of two lemons
  • 1/4 cup olive oil
Mix together to beans, quinoa, onion, and basil.  In a separate bowl mix the lemon juice and olive oil.  Pour liquid mixture over quinoa mixture and stir well! Salt and pepper to taste :)




2 comments:

  1. I am SO going to be making this! It looks amazing! :) And healthy! :) Erin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Erin, it is so good! Let me know what you think of it! :)

    ReplyDelete