I'm a lady who wears many hats. I am first myself...constantly growing, learning, and exploring life. I am also a wife, mommy, daughter, sister, teacher, cook, homemaker, and friend. I love every moment of it and my blog is a way for me to document my life and enjoy each memory. <3

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

DIY play-doh and sweet potato fries!

Riley and I were a bit bored this afternoon while Ronnie was catching up on some homework, so while our sweet potato fries were in the oven, we decided to make some play-doh :)

You need:
  • one cup flour
  • one tablespoon alum powder
  • half cup salt
  • one tablespoon oil
  • half cup water
  • food coloring

Mix all ingredients in a bowl.







After smashing it all together, use just as you would store-bought play-dough :)


Making burgers :)


Works just as well with the play-doh toys as store bought!


Neat stuff!


While Riley played, I finished up dinner.  Simple burgers and sweet potato fries.  <3

Sweet Potato fries:
  • Wash and slice sweet potatoes
  • In a bowl, mix olive oil, sea salt, pepper, cumin, chili powder, and a pinch of cayenne pepper.  (Sorry no measurements!  Just sprinkle to your taste.)
  • Toss fries in the mixture and let sit 30 minutes
  • Bake at 425 for 30 minutes, flipping once.

Yum!

1 comment:

  1. Fun! Audrey and I are making homemade finger paint and playdoh this week! :) Love homemade and that I know what is inside it so I know its non-toxic! :) Erin

    ReplyDelete