I'm a lady who wears many hats. I am first myself...constantly growing, learning, and exploring life. I am also a wife, mommy, daughter, sister, teacher, cook, homemaker, and friend. I love every moment of it and my blog is a way for me to document my life and enjoy each memory. <3

Monday, September 5, 2011

I love days off!

Today my sweet family and I did a whole lot of nothing!  Jake spent the night with us, so we got up and took him home, had breakfast at my parent's house, played in the play room, watched some television, and ate some really good food.  I cleaned the hell out of our apartment, did a million loads of laundry, got our breakfast and lunches packed and ready for tomorrow, and flipped through a couple magazines while Riley napped.

For lunch we kept in simple with grilled cheese and tomato soup with fresh grated parmesan!


Dinner was Ancho-rubbed flank steak, garlic sauteed green beans, and salad with fresh balsamic vinegar soaked mozzarella, tomatoes, and radishes.

Ancho-rubbed flank steak:

you need:
  • half teaspoon salt
  • half teaspoon brown sugar
  • half teaspoon ground ancho chile powder
  • fourth teaspoon cumin
  • dash freshly ground black pepper
  • one pound flank steak
  • two teaspoons olive oil
Combine first five ingredients and rub evenly over both sides of steak.
Heat oil in a large skillet over medium high heat.
Sear steak three minutes on each side (or until your desired degree of doneness!)



2 comments:

  1. That ALL looks amazing! :) I can tell I am going to get some great meal ideas from your blog! haha Always looking for ways to mix it up at our house! :)

    ReplyDelete