I'm a lady who wears many hats. I am first myself...constantly growing, learning, and exploring life. I am also a wife, mommy, daughter, sister, teacher, cook, homemaker, and friend. I love every moment of it and my blog is a way for me to document my life and enjoy each memory. <3

Thursday, April 14, 2011

Meat and potatoes!

I have had a roast in the crock pot all day and it smells delightful!  This is my first time attempting a roast, but I referenced Martha Stewart and Cooks.com and combined their ideas to make my own, so it should be great!  I sliced two onions into quarters and lined the bottom of the crock pot.  Then I added the roast and seasoned with salt, pepper, garlic powder, and Worcestershire sauce.  I then added about half a box of beef stock and cooked on low for 8 hours.  This is after draining some of the "juice" (to save for a delicious mushroom gravy). 


Now off to whip up some mashed potatoes, mushroom gravy, and green beans! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment