I'm a lady who wears many hats. I am first myself...constantly growing, learning, and exploring life. I am also a wife, mommy, daughter, sister, teacher, cook, homemaker, and friend. I love every moment of it and my blog is a way for me to document my life and enjoy each memory. <3

Saturday, April 16, 2011

Softball, injuries, wings, cocktails

I just love to watch my husband play sports.  Ronnie is on a softball team with a couple of our friends and they played a great game last night! (Even though Riley and I were 30 minutes late due to traffic and a mommy that always runs late)  When I arrived, Ronnie showed me his finger that was slightly swollen, but didn't look too bad.  He caught the ball with his glove, but put his other hand on it too early to keep the ball from falling out of the glove, and BAM!  Smashed his finger. :(

So on this lovely Saturday morning he is waiting in a walk-in clinic to have it examined.  It's nice and purple now.  I hope he's alright!

On a happier note, we had a lovely Friday night with great friends!  After softball we had dinner at Buffalo rings and wings with our neighbors and friends, Donna and Gus.  We are so lucky to have met these people.  It's amazing how God puts just the right people in your life.  Ronnie and Gus have become great friends.  They golf, play softball, and just hang out.  Men need that!  It gives them an outlet and keeps them from getting on our damn nerves! Donna is just a lovely lady and I adore the time we spend together.  She is going to be one amazing mommy.  <3

After dinner we headed over to have a few drinks with some more awesome friends, Adriana and Drew.  It's so perfect that we met each other.  We moved into our apartment and they were our downstairs neighbors.  After two months of living here, we met and have been such close friends since.  They moved from another state and had nobody here.  We were consumed by life and had no friends.  We each have a son.  Perfect friendship <3  It's always a great time at their house!  Last night we had cocktails by the fire outside after the kids were in bed.  I smell like fire this morning.  So much fun.

Happy Saturday!  Even if it's a rainy, yucky one.  We are going to have fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment