I'm a lady who wears many hats. I am first myself...constantly growing, learning, and exploring life. I am also a wife, mommy, daughter, sister, teacher, cook, homemaker, and friend. I love every moment of it and my blog is a way for me to document my life and enjoy each memory. <3

Monday, May 2, 2011

Just another manic Monday :)


Today was yet another good one.  We started something new at work called "Learning station rotation."  This means that I now have three classes rotating through my classroom every day!  I am a math and science teacher (super fun!), then there is another teacher who teaches language arts, and another who does art and music.  I start with my sweet little class and have them from 8-9:45, then another class from 9:45-10:30, and another from 10:30-11:15.  I teach the same lesson three times, which might seem boring and repetitive, but it makes the morning fly by and my kids get the opportunity to learn three different lessons every day!  How fun for them :)

This week we are learning about Mother's day.  Today was simply an introductory day of discussion and what Mother's day means to them.  Tomorrow we will graph on a simple chart all of their mother's hair color and compare and record the most common and least common within the mothers.  Wednesday we will get outside and get our hands dirty while planting flowers individually for each mother.  Thursday we will make homemade soap, and Friday will be connect the dots pictures (math) and review!  I'm loving it so far :)

As always, on Mondays I cook with Nic and Adriana <3  Ronnie didn't have school tonight, so Drew came and kept him company with baseball while the kids played outside!  We made spaghetti sauce with meat, bacon, sun-dried tomatoes, green onions, and a couple cans of sauce...easy, simple, not so fancy night.  We made a delicious garlic bread and Adriana brought a lovely salad!  We ended the night with wine and beignets (a french doughnut mix that my mom brought back from New Orleans) with a homemade blueberry sauce to top them off!  I love my friends and family and it has been another great Monday!













Yummm!

No comments:

Post a Comment